With the launch of Google Chromecast I was asked how do you return it back to Google Play if that is where you bought it? Here are the steps you need to know. Remember do not throw anything away until you are sure you will be keeping the Chromecast device. From there it is about contacting Google for shipping instructions.
**This is only to return Chromecast to Google Play. Best Buy and others will have their own return policies.
- Keep the original packaging when you get the Google Chromecast device
- You only have 15 days from the time Google shows it was delivered to you to initiate the return procedure
- Contact Google and get a RMA (return Merchandise Authorization). Without it do not send back the Chromecast device, you just wasted time and shipping
- Any accessories must be included (read this as the Chromecast and power adapter)
- Put the RMA form from your email inside the package and use their label on the outside of the box. It has the required tracking info. Do not try to make your own
- You will get a refund into your Google Wallet account the costs minus shipping and handling fees
- There could be a restocking fee as well, they aren’t clear on this part
- It is only $35 so shipping insurance is up to you. But until they say received it is considered your problem
So why would someone return or keep the Google Chromecast device? That will be in the review coming shortly.